Thread: hand quilting
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:26 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by lfw045
The real trick to quilting without a frame, is to pin baste it or thread baste it VERY generously! Your layers WILL NOT shift and you WILL NOT have puckers because you can feel if there is something happening underneath and is easy to adjust to prevent puckers.

Just think about the freedom of not having to stop and rehoop or advance the quilt. You can just keep gettin' it....lol!

Everyone needs to try it just once and see if you don't like it better....I dare you!

Disclaimer: I do believe each to his own but just could not resist to throw out the challenge......lol!
Ok...I accept your challenge. I am sure I can find a quilt top, in my over abundance of "finished, waiting to be quilted" tops that I could do this with. I think I will try a baby quilt first. Someone else said to baste really well, so I will put it on the frame, baste it together (I will baste it in the frame as I am way too old to be doing that "crawling on the floor" thing!! Besides, I have put so many quilts on the frame, it doesn't take me long to do it anymore!) take it off the frame, and see how I like quilting without anything. I will keep you posted on my progress, and what I think of it's ease.......thanks for the challenge....I love a good challenge. :thumbup: