View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:44 AM
kaykwilts

Oh...I have so many sets of dishes. I have two different sets that I use for everyday, I have the China from my marriage, I have Thanksgiving dishes, and Christmas dishes (both the holiday dishes will serve 20...as I have 10 kids)....and I am currently collecting odd pieces of china plates to use for everyday. I love the old fashioned tea cups and saucers, and have a few of those, including one set my mother painted. I love dishes almost as much as I love fabric....so yes, I have a lot!! As soon as my youngest turned 6, I got rid of all the plastic stuff, except for a few pieces that I keep on hand for the grandkids. I want my kids to know how to handle glass/stoneware dishes, and if we don't use them, then they can't learn how to handle them. Of course, of one set of my everyday dishes, I have enough to serve 24 people...that way I have lots of replacements for breakage.

And yes, we use it. My feelings are if we never use them, what's the point? These are my things to use and enjoy while I can.....so I allow my kids to get the stuff out and use them. If something gets broken, yes a huge disappointment, but after all, it's only dishes!!

I say, enjoy your dishes. Use them. And enjoy the fun of having a pretty table set from time to time.