Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Katia

Well, it took some doing, but I got them finished and sent on time. I wanted to make Halloween quilts or throws for each of my daughters and daughter in law this year for their birthdays. Last year I made them Christmas themed ones. Their birthdays are in Oct, Nov, and Dec. but I thought it wuld be good to get them to them before Halloween.

I could not find a pattern I liked for any of them so I just did them out of my head.

The first is for my DIL. I took some people here's advice and quilted a big off center spider web on it. I love the colors and how bright it turned out.

The second one is my older daughters, and I used the Ghastlies fabric for it. I wish I had quilted it more, but I didn't want to ruin it so I just stitched around all the blocks and rows to frame the pictures.

The third one is for my younger daughter. It was challenging. She actually picked her own fabric and I had to figure out how to use it. And yes, it is a bit wonky. The main pictures are diamond shaped and I had planed to frame them wonky log cabin style and have them turn out sqare, but I messed up somewhere and the blocks are also diamond shaped. So I just went with it. Who says a quilt has to be square or rectangle? I think she will like that it is different. I hope so anyway.

Making these was both fun and exhausting. I really had to use my brain and dig into some creative juices to get them done. Now I just have to start thinking about what to do next year.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-278436.jpe   attachment-278437.jpe   attachment-278438.jpe