Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 AM
jad1044

I loved the idea of being a 4-H member but that is all one can say about it - I was a member; we had very little guidance when doing a project; if it did not get taught at home - tough! The only thing that sticks in my mind was the time we made a bracelet out of copper wire - learned how to make curly cues out of it - and then intertwined them to the size that would fit out wrists... now out of 5 years of 4-H - that is all I got - sorry, but although many had much more help than that - I was not in the "clique" - thus it was a do at home as best I could; also, I could not go to the fair like other kids did - not in the realm of my parents thinking; someone else took care of my pens of ducks, chickens, etc. My sewing in home-ec got me through my sewing project. I got a blue ribbon on most - but it was mainly ME doing it - not a lot of prompting; I listened and got hints here and there - sad to say all this, but true none the less.

My grandkids are in 4-H now - and they are doing great - but there is great leadership also - but have to give a lot of credit to my d-i-l as she is one of the leaders and is so good at working with children and is a craft person, so can tackle about anything.