Thread: Guilds
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:49 AM
beewild

I think that it really depends on what you are looking for. I belong to a group that is very informal. We meet and sew once a week at a LQS. It is open to anyone that wants to come and sew and we always welcome any newcomers. The shop is very gracious to let us use their classroom for a open sew day. I would imagine that this is thier best sales day of the week since they know how weak we are when the new items arrive and we always seem to need something. LOL. We come when we can and all work on whatever we want to wether it be quilting, embroidery or other sewing project. We show and tell, help and support one another in any way we can. We will take a class at the shop when we want to learn a special tecnique or project. Or if we have a group of at least 3 the shop will make a class when they have open time. The LQS also has many special days when they have speakers, seminars and trunk shows. I guess you could say my LQS is my guild in some ways. I have the choice to join in for any of these or not. This works best for me.