View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 AM
yayaquilts

I totally understand. I am currently on a 3 week vacation in our RV. I was going to bring my sewing machine, but at the last minute opted not to on this trip. Instead, I brought several projects to cut out. Brought fabrics in 3 tubs so I could pick the right fabrics for each part of the project. Strangely, just cutting for projects has really been fun and has filled the void of no sewing.

We stayed the first few nights with our good friends in Redding, CA. Luckily she is one of my BFF's and she loves sewing/quilting too. We went quilt shop shopping, and even got the chance to sew all one day together. When we left them we spent the last week in Bend, Oregon. Also visited a few quilt shops there. While my husband went fly fishing, I did my fabric choosing and cutting! At least I'll be able to get right to sewing when I get home!!

I'm bringing my sewing machine on our next long RV trip!! (I've been preparing my husband for a few years now--he thinks I'm nuts of course!) But we are going on trips more frequently now that we are retired!!

PS I would much rather buy fabric than spend the same money on slots or gambling!