View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 AM
auniqueview

I have a friend in R.I. who says she is going to start calling my home THe House Of Quilts, lol. I have always wanted a house full of them, and always felt gypped that when my gmother died, my aunts ran in and literally snatched them off our beds...we lived with my grandparents. The tied one I found is a lot like the one she had on my bed, and I just love it.

My cousin, and some of the board members here, mention that a quilt is only considered as old as the newest piece of fabric put on it. Well, there was one square on that one, the tied quilt, that needed repaired, but the fabric was just shredded. I appliqued a heart on it with material from my stash. If people think I ruined it's value and vintage doing that, who cares. I feel that I took the love and care in the old quilt and gave it my own heart.

I have been lucky finding these old lovingly made quilts that people are getting rid of, and maybe more so because Florida does have a lot of old people. Maybe it is just time for the love to flow my way.