Thread: Eleanor Burns
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:35 PM
JanetM

I have met Eleanor Burns several times. She actually is one of our local celebrities. I attended her 3 day Quilting Academy as well.

I think she is one of the best "quilting experts" we have. Her books are very well written and easy to follow for a beginner but also challenge the more experienced quilter. I recommend her books to all beginners because with her help anyone can learn to piece a quilt successfully.

As for her personally, I think she is one of the best people I have ever had the good fortune to meet. I assure you, you will never meet a more gracious, kind, generous, humble, sweet soul than her.

It is patently obvious that she loves what she does, and she takes such great joy in knowing she has inspired someone to try their hand in making a quilt.

She is incredibly successful, having written over 100 books, owns two shops, and has her own TV studio where she films her TV show. None of this has gone to her head. She really is very down to earth, and so approachable. She is a delightful woman, and from what I have heard, her sister Pat is as well.