View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 AM
hildebrandtjane

I hated my stove when I first bought it (glass top), but now I'm ok with it. The only problem I had with it was keeping it clean. The cleaning supplies recommended were very costly. I finally found advice on the internet to use "Bar Keepers Friend". It looks abrasive but is not. Great stuff. You can cook anything on your stove but I threw out alll my pots and pans (copper bottom not recomended). But regular P & P are fine as long as they are flat. Another warning is pot lids. If you are boiling anything, do not remove the lid and set flat on the stovetop, you can shatter the whole thing. I place the lid a little on the raised edge of the top. Lastly, be very careful about spilling anything on the front edge of the top as it will slide between the oven doors which in my case are glass and ruin the look of the glass because you cannot clean inside the glass panels. PHEW is that enough warnings!! I'm not positive I would buy another one but it is easier to clean than a standard electric stove once you find the right product. Good luck