Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM
plainpat

Default Trying diff things

Judy,No.w..no pop for me & no artificial sweeteners at all....never.They give me migraines.Do take BP & cholesterol Meds..don.t know if they cause me to hang on to the Pds.Will look for that mag....in fact I'll be in the library tomor.Cal count today is1310 &that is high for me.Hate weighing in & no loss. I walked the mall today....slow for sure, but didn'stop & hopefully it qall helps.Thanks for your suggestions.I appreciate it.I bought lemons to add to my water.".QUOTE=irishrose;4623859]Jeanne, this week is no chocolate - last week was no Halloween candy. How are you doing? Is your husband any bettter? I'll send you a PM.

Xylie, gaining weight is all our worst fear, but you've caught it and with your strength you will get it back off. Drop the sentence "I may not make it". Our bodies respond to what we tell them. If yours hears the 'may not' then you're setting yourself for failure. That being said, I do think 10 pounds is too high a goal for a month, but you go, girl. You're tougher than I am.

Patti, 10 1/2 pounds in 2 months is a perfect weight loss. If you've been stuck for three weeks, then you need to change something. I can't remember - are you drinking pop? Are you using artificial sweeteners? If your library has the Oct 31 issue of First magazine, it has an article about Dr Moreno's 17 day diet. After a detox period, you eat 1200 calories one day and more on the alternate days. I have been doing it and maintaining a 3 1/2 pound loss, which is a lot for me. I personally feel I'm going to have to make my 'food' days further apart to lose more weight. I'm ready to try a heavy food day every third day. 1200 calories is quite a bit of food if you chose wisely - this coming from someone addicted to chocolate. I didn't give up all my chocolate for this week - just restricted the amount and even that was tough yesterday.

Cindy, soft tissue pain hurts. Orthopedic pain is rough - I'm in a huge flare right now, but it's easier for me to override than any soft tissue pain. I wish a quick recovery for you.

I'm wishing all of us a healthy eating day with the right amount of good food, exercise and water. "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels." Our mantra to get us through this season of eating.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy[/QUOTE]