View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Geri B

the more I quilt it seems the the more these pieces don't fit..........When I started doing this (over 15 yrs), my first few tops were "perfectly matched"........now sometimes I have to tug or squish to get them to meet at the end of that seam. I have found though, thru this struggle, that when You cut the pieces, always use the same ruler to line up that rotary cutter...strange but each ruler may be a "hair" different. Also when machine sewing, and I gather the same is true with hand piecing, that thread takes up a nano fraction of that fabric, but multiplied by a bunch, can really cause things to "not line up" at the end. I have come to the conclusion that my 1/4" seam must be one thread short of that measurement to get a "perfect" match, and even then sometimes that does not work. So, just meet it as best you can and go on, and tell yourself "This is not the hill I want to die on"!!!!!!

As an aside......and you did not have to pack for this move...wow, lucky you------had to pack for a house move several years ago and had to pack all that "junk" up.....now that was more of a challenge than a few seams that don't match perfectly...........