View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
DogHouseMom

I am not going to be of much help to you. I'm a self taught quilter, and a self taught EQ user - so basically, I don't know what I don't know!! So far my EQ use has been limited, and I'm not really sure what I *can* do with it, and there are probably ways to do the few things I've done smarter/faster/easier/better.

I've made a few simple blocks, changed colors, placed blocks.

The biggest project I'm working on now is to re-design a quilt. I started making the "Omigosh" pattern and I decided to check out other blocks to match with the double-nine for a different secondary pattern. I'm just not completley smitten with the Shoo Fly. So I've been auditioning other blocks. It's been time consuming because I want to audition the blocks in color, and because my quilt is scrappy (my double nines are already done) I'm making a LOT of different colored blocks. Is there an easy way to make a lot of the same block with different color variations?? That's one question I have.

Other than that ... I hope to also use it to make other patterns, calculate pieced borders, and audition quilt designs.