View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 08:01 AM
missgigglewings

Default Thanks

I want to say thanks to you too, Patrice. I have always been appreciative of your efforts on our behalf. Especially when the new owners took over...you were like a familiar buffer between us and "them"! Now They have done it again and I think we all realize there was nothing you could do about this change except make it easier on us. And you have certainly done that!

I was so frustrated with this change that I was ready to go elsewhere. Then I realized the people on this site are my friends and I would miss them terribly. I remembered the enormous response I got from my thread "So, I opened my big mouth...", the generousity of the quilters here. I have 3 quilts to present to our wounded warriors on Nov 11th. Quilts my friends on this board made possible. How could I take this blessing to a different forum for strangers to enjoy! I also received some encouragement from a few friends on here to not give up! So, I am going to embrace this change and make it a positive one. I have no problems learning new things. My children call me Techno Granny because I erase my own hard drive, re-install factory defaults, Upload and download what ever images, music and pictures I need and I fix their computers when they slow down or freeze up. I moderate one of the Freecycles in our area and I use a Sprint Evo 4g cell phone so I can check e-mail, freecycle the QB and anything else I need to do on-line. so my rant and rage was not directed at change per se..it was directed at someone else decided it needed changed. In Texas we say if it aint broke, don't fix it! I did not think it was broken. Having said all that I will invest the time it takes to learn it...because of my friends!