View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 AM
juliea9967

Yes - they do different things, and some of the same things.
I use EQ7, 4D Embroidery Software, and I hook my sewing machine to my laptop. Those things I cannot do with the iPad 2. I can download all my quilting/sewing patterns to my laptop, and use it to view them. I don't carry my laptop with me everywhere I go, though. I do carry my iPad2 with me all the time. I never leave home without it. I can access my email, my contacts, shopping lists and all my quilting/sewing patterns from anywhere, if I have my iPad2.My iPad 2 is 3G and wireless. It is so handy to be at the grocery store and have your list with you (on the iPad2) or to be at the fabric store and see some fabric that "you have to have" and have my patterns with me so I can look to see what pattern I want to do with that "have to have fabric" and then know exactly how much fabric I need to buy. I got my first iPad for my birthday, from my daughter and son-in-law. She said her husband bought the gift and she was afraid maybe I wouldn't use it. Little did she know!!! I use it every single day, many times each day.
There are some very good ideas for other uses in this discussion. Be sure and read them all.
Originally Posted by peggy463 View Post
I have an ipad2 how can I use it for quilting? I am confused. I also have a laptop. Do they do different things?