Thread: Our new puppy!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:52 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi Celeste! I think Sirius will soon outgrow Dougal's dog cabin! He'll probably get a quilt of his own when he's bigger and less likely to chew it to pieces in 5 seconds flat, meanwhile he'll have VetBed - do you know that stuff? It's soft and fluffy and you buy it on a roll, it goes in the washing machine too.

Dougal is still going strong and I think he'll be fine with pup - he's used to friends' dogs staying from time to time. He even lets a friend's JRT sleep in his bed! Though he stands at the side huffing and sighing in disgust. I tell him he should be happy at his age to have a woman in his bed! Barney is fairly tolerant and laid back too so I don't forsee any problems. But I'll keep you all posted as to progress. I'm starting training from day one - pups are cute but they're little hooligans that need civilising!

Hugs back to you and the dobies!

Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
Sirius is adorable! I'll have to show my sister Dawn the pics. She can't stand being left out when it comes to furry babies.

Dougal is 14!?!?! Wow, I'm wishing for many more happy, healthy years with him. It'll be interesting to find out how they get along. Do you think he'll care? Looks like you need to make another quilt, or bed just for Sirius, I know I would't want to share my 'Dog Cabin' no matter how cute Sirius is!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...in-t17589.html

I wish I could be there to give Dougal some extra attention when Sirius comes home. (If I had the $ I'd send it to you to to a DNA test on that cutie.) If we could find out, that lady you told me about who tried to look up Galway Leaner and I would love to have one. Lots of love to Dougal from family - including our Doberman Emily. Oh yeah, you have Barney too! Don't forget you made one for him too! http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...on-t17937.html

Do you think you'll use the log cabin pattern for Sirius too?