Old 11-11-2011, 05:47 AM
nycbgirl

A few years ago I got a phone call from a friend of mine asking if I could put 2 people up for a night because their friends husband was in the hospital. I said yes and called the woman whose husband was in the hospital. Turns out her husband was in hospice and she was from out of town. There was no hospice in her little town. So we met the next AM and had breakfast. We had a nice time under the circumstances. So her friends were due to arrive that night around 10PM. Their flight was diverted due to weather and was coming in the next AM. It's a good thing their flight was diverted because when she would have been gone to the airport, her husband died. So she was able to be with him during his last breath. However after he died the hospice asked her to leave within an hour! She had no where to go....so she called me around 1100 pm and of course she could come to my home! Long story short we picked up her friends that morning, they all stayed overnight and left the next day. We all stay in contact, they are wonderful people. Now I am in the process of making a quilt out of her husbands shirts for her to wrap herself up in.