Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 AM
athomenow

I could give you numerous accounts of helping people but what sticks in my mind is the time we've been on the receiving end of such kindness. My DH had a back operation a couple of years ago and the day he was to come home from rehab it snowed so much I couldn't get my car out of the driveway. My neighbors came over and shoveled me out and then came to the door and said they would go pick him up in their 4 wheel drive and bring him home. Got him in the house and settled. They continued to keep my driveway clean all winter.
We were traveling in the south and stopped for lunch. An elderly couple came in behind and us and we were all standing at the counter looking over the menu when I heard her say they would have to split a meal because they didn't have much money. Of course DH turned to them and said we would love to buy their lunch and could they sit with us. We told them we were just passing through and loved to meet the locals. She said they too were just passing through going to a family situation with not much money for traveling. We had a nice meal and went on our way.