Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 AM
purplemem

We ended up making 9 jars of pickles. They are really beautiful as you layer turnip slices with beet slices, then pour 1/3 full with purple beet juice, the rest with garlic/vinegar/salt/ water mixture. It makes a beautiful jar of red and white pickles. If they turn out correctly, they will be salty and vinegar-y. I had them at a middle eastern restaurant and then looked them up online. They are very popular with hummus dishes.

I will be quilting the rest of the day. Thanksgiving will be at my sil, she has a lovely large house and usually has 30-40 for the day. Her menu is Turkey, dressing, Mrs. Schubert's rolls, turnip greens, corn/hot pepper casserole, hash brown casserole, carrot souffle, pickles and mystery dips. Mama will bring the green beans and macaroni and cheese. Dorothy and her granddaughters will make some cookies and desserts.

I have been too ill the last two years to attend. I am hoping this year I can as my parents are elderly and this is one of three "family" events a year. The other two are Christmas and Easter, I have been house bound for over two years now and not traveled at all. Even though I see my parents when I travel to the doctors, I don't get to see the extended family but rarely.

This thread appears every month. Search for the title "current month 2011 Weight" and it will appear. We sign up between the last day of the month and the 3rd day of the current month for the FQ challenge part. You can always contribute to the conversation and weight loss tips.

Weight loss tip of the day. Start and end the day with a warm beverage. It will relax you and fill your stomach.