View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Funmom

Default Help with new venture

Hello everyone. I have looked on this site for a long time bu never posted anything. I have reached a point where I am looking into a new venture.

I have a masters in insurance and out of work for 20 months. I absolutely love quilting and sewing. I have upwards of 30 tops done and put away. I also do purses, bags, table runners and other items for some small craft sows on the area. I am ready to venture out and do the large craft events in the area. I am shopping for a long arm to finish up quilts to have ready for sale ad to do some quilting for others. I want to do wat I have fun at for a change in my life.

If anyone has tips or helpful ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I did write to an individual for some information but did not get a response. I am not looking to take work away from those doing this already. I live in Iowa and there is a good enough need right hear to do some quilting for others The craft shows are my biggest money maker I believe. I need to find reasonable priced fabric and batting to make the most profit so any places you can suggest would be helpful.

I love the encouragement and friendships on here. I am just not good at posting photos and this is the first post I have done. I will work at getting better using the system and look forward to any help you can give me.

God bless
Diane
funmom