Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
MillieH

Originally Posted by QuiltBridge View Post
Hi Jeandrig! I just had to respond - was born in Oneida, lived in Helenwood, family in Knoxville still, and been living just south of Atlanta for last 30+ years. I would join you on that the mountain - sounds like heaven to me! Wonderful that Tennessee still has such a quilting heritage and so many to keep it going!!
Hi, "QuiltBridge." If you were born in Oneida in the 1950's thru the 1980's, there's a good chance my stepmom was the nurse who helped the dr. during your birth. I grew up with mom in Louisiana, but my dad lives in Oneida, and I used to spend part of my summers in Oneida when I was growing up, and still go to visit as often as I can. In fact, I plan to go after Christmas this year. The last time I went, a couple years ago, the fall foliage was so beautiful and I was paying too much attention to it, and took the wrong "fork" in the road, and found myself in Oak Ridge. I'd never been there before and had no idea where I was until I passed the post office and saw "Oak Ridge Post Office" in big letters. I had to plug in the GPS to figure out the quickest way to get to Oneida from Oak Ridge.

I hope I don't get snowed in when I go after Christmas--but that's a possibility.