Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Rita's mom

Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
I used to have a quote on my page because it fit me & I needed to understand it meant what it meant.

"If you do what you always did,you'll get what as you always got"

Spent too many times looking for an excuse to eat,too many times making excuses for myself.Hopefully it's finally sinking it.This is 1st time not losing for a wk didn't send me into "oh,well, what's the use"....in reality,just a green light to eat.No way I would ever lose & keep it off thinking like that.
I write down what I eat, how much & cal count for all.Talking to my DD helps,reading food plans helps & all of you help so much.You've had a great loss.Please share any tips you have.

" Good job on the loss. I think you're right, everyone is different. And this weight loss thing has to be a lifestyle change. It has to be something you can continue on after you reach your goal. Sure you can lose weight on a Atkins or a 500 calorie a day diet, but just start eating again and you're right back where you started. I think it's all about eating healthy, portion control and trying to move some each day. Keep up the good work."
I love the quote. It really hits home for me, I will try to remember it. Thanks so much for your encouraging words they came at a good time. Sometimes just hearing someone else be positive or strong really helps motivate us to stay strong ourselves.