Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Beachbound

Good morning Ladies! I hope you all are doing well & getting fit and fabulous! I have lost 4 pounds this month so far. I really would love to get that 10 pound challenge made but there is that little thing called Thanksgiving next week. I will step up my excerise & take small helpings to get thru it. We were asked about funny Thanksgivings...years ago I hosted my hubby's entire family after his Gramma passed. My MIL just couldn't face having it at her house without her mom. So all of the aunt, uncles, cousins came happily to our house (funny~ no one else offered) I was still a new cook but I did what I could. All of the sides were done & smelling great but that turkey just wouldn't cook. It finally got done hours after the sides were ready. Other than the ruined mashed potatoes it was ok (just okay!) The next year I said I would do it again just to prove I could do it right. The food was all excellent but my dear MIL brought a guest that year. A Canadain Indian who was their fishing guide that summer. Nice guy but he was passed out drunk on the couch well before dinner was served!!! The kids loved to tell everyone that we had a real Indian for Thanksgiving but that was the LAST time I hosted everyone from that family!!! ROTF, we still open our doors to whoever wants to come but I try to keep it much smaller now.

Last edited by Beachbound; 11-17-2011 at 07:16 AM.