Old 11-18-2011, 09:08 PM
amazon

DH and I decided before we ever had kids ,that it would always be plain and simple and within our budget.If we have x amount; whatever it is, it's divided between the 4 and that's what we spend, no more and no credit cards or loans ever.We are never in debt and paying off credit cards or loans the next year So I never stressed over that part ,but what to get everyone else ,what to cook for turkey day and CHRISTmas and so on was always very taxing. A couple of years ago , I decided enough, was enough. I simplified everything, each year I figure out what I want to make and I take the same exact same thing to every get together, makes the grocery list , short & sweet.( I have three, since my parents divorce.) And my family and his decided not to exchange gifts for CHRISTmas, there were too many that struggled just to buy their immediate family gifts. Everyone was relieved not to have to struggle beyond their means just to carry on a tradition.Best decision we every made, we truly enjoy the holidays without all the stress. Remember to Cherish Yesterday, Celebrate Today and Dream tomorrow, turn off those phones and put aside those difference and show the love.

Last edited by amazon; 11-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.