Old 11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
suezq

The easiest way to do it is first remove the cuffs on the sleeves, the binding around the neck, the sleeves and the band on the bottom. Fold the sweatshirt in half lengthwise and draw a line down the center from top to bottom, as this will be where you cut it. A freind who has made many of them advised me that if you like it longer you can attach a wide strip of warm and natural to the bottom after the band is removed. You pick a center point, add on the strips of fabrics you want to use, either horizontally or vertically on the bottom. I have on mine added a Loralie embroidered piece on each front anf made a frame for each one with a narrow piece of fabric. Sew your first two strips together and keep adding whatever designed strips you like. Cover the entire sweatshirt on both sides and back. What I then did was cut out lining to cover the back including the added piece on the bottom. You can then cut down the predrawn line on the front and add lining to each piece, making sure to have an angled piece on each front side (this is instead of having the fronts come up to under your neck). You can make your own binding to trip the raw edges of the front, or use double fold bias tape. If you do not want the sleeves lined just sew a small hem at the bottom rim with bias tape them either before or after you sew them back on.