View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:52 AM
starshine

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I forgot to share one of the best parts of the day yesterday. My oldest granddaughter Ellie 6 years old said Nana when are you going to teach me how to make a quilt? I told her soon, that it would have to be a day when just her comes over so that I can give her my full attention and be distracted by anything else. I'm so excited, I can't wait to watch her pick out fabrics from Nana's stash so that I can cut the pieces for her first quilt. I will have to carefully plan all this out so that she is safe while sewing.

I finally got my quilt magazines all organized the way that I want them. I have a small book shelf and had sorted by magazine and dates before, but every time I wanted to find something it ended up being a mess. I have been wanting to get those magazine holders that hold several magazines that stand on end, but they are very expensive. Well the other night in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep I came up with the perfect solution and didn't cost me anything. I just recycled the medium flat rate boxes that are long and wide and shallow. I was able to cut one into 2 magazine holders. I always keep boxes as I know at some point I will find a use for it so that it doesn't go to waste. Just reseal the end and mark the cutting lines, cut and there you go. If anyone is interested I can tell you exactly how I did it. Here is a picture of one of them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288786[/ATTACH]

Juli I have said a prayer for your sister and her baby. Congratulations Auntie.
So far behind on this thread I'll never catch up! I was trying to get caught up but I read a posting about something and realize I need to go back further to see what it's about. So yes I'm going the wrong direction to get up to the current days postings :-D but anyway I came to this and had to add that I have done this a few times with the rectangle boxes I have received in mailings. I also use one to put in manilla folders with print out of quilt or block patterns, or craft projects I might try.

Also saw Louise's RAK idea it is really a neat idea. But I imagine there might be some issues with the admins liability especially if no one knows who is doing what.

The packages I have seen in my search for where I am on catching up are great. Now I'll head over to the bench for some hot cocoa. Maybe I can pick up some scones on the way. but first -break time is over so some data entry before I get there.