Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
mpspeedy

I sewed for years before I went to work for a Bernina dealer and then I was really hooked. They did custom dressmaking and alterations to make ends meet bewteen machine sales. I was able to purchase my first Bernina from them a 1260. I learned how to do any kind of mending and alterations while working there. Over the years I collected dozens of special feet for it and learned how to use them all. I made two flowergirl and one junior bridesmaid dress for my daughter's wedding and have made some baby clothes over the years for my step-children's children. If my daughter ever gets around to having a child I will do a lot of sewing for it just because I can. I am currently making dozens of the little pillowcase style dresses for little girls in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. If I can't find a garment I particularly want for myself I have been known to make those also. When my 1260 died I was able to trade in my specialty feet for ones that would fit my newer machine. I actually got more for them than I did the machine.