Thread: Organized Chaos
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
Okay, ladies, this is more than a little scary....I'm still very new to quilting, I don't have a "sewing room," and I just can't imagine collecting this amount of "stash." I took over our dining room when I did my first quilt and that involved about 2 months. I think the whole family was very supportive during that time, but all of us felt back to normal when it was done and I put everything away. I won't show my family what the house could become with a future of quilting ha!
Hi Mavis ~ Here's my story....I too started quilting using the dining room table....then the kids were off to school/college I took the smallest of the two bedrooms...then when I 'outgrew' that room I moved the guest bedroom to the smallest and commandeered the bigger of the two rooms....then when we bought our winter home in the desert we/ahem 'I' looked for a house that would provide an adequate sewing room! Then when we moved to Idaho and sold the desert home we had an extra room built 'just for my sewing room'....now six years later we should have made it bigger.

So yes....once the 'bug' hits...there are few if any antidotes! LOL