Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Belles.hold

I canceled my 12 year subscription to QNL last year because they started letting company owners or salespeople write "quilting" articles. When I read John Flynn's article about how we quilters should be thankful to the vendors at quilt shows for all the work they do to come to the show and allow us to purchase their wares, I thought, then why don't they give their merchandise away? That article however, was topped by his article (in a quilting magazine) about FISHING!
Also the woman who writes the article about Long Arm Quilting Machines seems to mention the Statler System in every article. Wonder who she works for?
When I attended the April Quilt Festival in Rosemont, IL, there was a booth hawking subscriptions to QNL and when I was asked if I wanted a subscription, I said "NO" and before I could finish, the clerk said, "Oh, another quilter who dislikes the new format." Perhaps QNL will return to their original format that made it the best selling magazine in the quilting world. We can only hope!