Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Bev

This is an interesting thread. I stopped my sub. to QN about a year ago. I realized there wasn't a thing in it that I was interested in any longer. That was the first of my subscriptions to go. Next was McCall's. The problem with them was the same as what a lot of you mentioned, the fabrics they used weren't what I had in my stash and the quilts don't look quite as good without them. I'll be darned if I'm going to go out and buy more fabric when I have a studio filled with it. Aniother thing is that I have back issues (all in order) of so many magazines. I always put a sticky note at the top of the page when I want to use a particular pattern. When I looked at all the sticky notes sticking out of all those magazines I knew that I couldn't possibly live long enough to make all of those things. Nor to use up my entire stash. So, as each of my subscriptions expire, and I have quite a few, they will not be renewed. That's one of my contributions to my DH's economy toot. And yes, I purchased the first two issues of Mark Lipinski's magazine. I found it a little too flip and smart alecky for my taste. I have a good sense of humor, but his stuff left me flat. So no more of them, either. I DO like his fabrics though.