View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
sparkys_mom

Originally Posted by wvdek View Post
I have re-read this thread and am grateful for all the responses.
I am wondering about the dogs sliding and injuring themselves since we have three active dogs inside.
Don't want any knee or ligament problems.
Also, the warmth issue on floor during cold weather. I go barefoot alot around the house even in winter, but don't want COLD floors.
We are getting ready to put new floors throughout the house and we have decided on laminate. Now just have to choose brand and color and underlayment type.
My condo is on a concrete slab and I was a little hesitant about whether it would be cold. It really isn't bad at all - certainly not as cold as you would find if you had tile. It is definitely not "icy". I also think it is possible to have radiant heating with it although I'm not positive of that. It is certainly worth looking into.

As far as the dogs are concerned, yes, mine slides but he's learned to leapfrog around. It is kind of funny to watch. He will come tearing down a straight stretch and then make a great jump to the "safe" area rug. Some of the laminates also have a bit more texture to them which helps. Mine doesn't, but a friend of mine (with a dog) installed hers a couple of years later and got a plank that has some texture - not enough to be a nuisance as far as cleaning, but enough to give the dog a bit more traction.