View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:31 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
I like to think of all this change , like a pair of favorite shoes. When they are new, you have to break them in , get use to them , then they fit perfect , feel wonderful ,everything is awesome. Then one day the shoes are old and breaking down you know that soon they will have to be replaced UGH ..... so you give in and get the new shoes - now you have to start all over again breaking them in and getting use to them , but just as before soon they will be comfortable and you will be loving them
A fairly good analogy - IF the shoes get comfortable in a short period of time! (like half an hour)

I learned a long time ago - if they (new shoes) are uncomfortable and don't fit properly when I buy them- wearing them is only going to give me blisters and sore feet!

And it doesn't matter if the shoes are expensive or cheap! (I bought two pairs about five years ago that I "thought" were properly fitted - the sales rep convinced me that they were "right" - dumb me!!! - this was from a store that "specialized" in fitting problem feet) I KNEW better - hate it when I don't follow my first response!

As far as I know, the moderators had no voice or choice in the change to the new format. I think they have some input for some modifications, but I think the basic choices were "like it, learn to live with it, or leave it"

I am in the "trying to learn to live with it" category.