View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Butterfli19

Default I feel like such a slacker ...

Reading what you all are making for gifts on this and other forums makes me feel like I should turn in my sewing machine. I had plans to make every family member (22) a personalized stocking when I got caught up in the Black Friday shopping frenzy, and about a week later cut it down to 8 (kids only) and now wondering if I will get one made - special request cheetah fab from daughter.

I have all the (excuses) reasons for not being able to accomplish this but don't want to be that person because in my mind, I know, that if I don't at least make the 8 no matter what other (replacement) wonderful gifts they receive instead on Christmas Eve I will mentally chastize myself because I know I would have felt more like Mrs Claus if I had given them the handmade stockings. I bought really cute fabric and coordinating ribbon with glitter glue and colored bells and actually thought of returning it all until I looked at it all yesterday and immediately brightened up. Sigh. I hate when I hate myself.

The biggest thing is daughter and 1 year old grandson live here and 19 year old son and I can't very well ignore him (the kids are much easier to ignore )to sew and my sewing room has been temporarily converted into his bedroom and the kitchen is off that and turning on that light in the wee hours of the morning before I leave for work wakes him and 5 a.m. is a bit too early for him to be waking.

So those of you who have chaotic schedules and younger people around - how do you do it? When do you do it? Any ideas of how to get this fun done? I went to the Disney store but they were sold out of Pixie Dust so I guess I'm on my own.