View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 AM
sewjoyce

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Okay everyone,update on the two additional quilts she made. I don't have photos yet, but will try this morning to get some. Suffice it to say,they are done, and she's going to St. Louis for a week with my sis-in-law, and it's not a MOMENT too soon for this mommy. These quilts involved ripping, TEARS, YELLING, MORE TEARS, taking a cool shower, getting lots of food, several trips to the store (thread mostly), and one tired mom. I spent my entire day off yesterday working on them to get them done for her trip. When she was being moody at me for something (it's always something right now), I told her that, and she had the nerve to say back "Not your entire day mom, I saw you on your computer". Grrrr....I told her we will NOT be quilting together until she was 12, and had learned to be more patient and tolerant. I went out to get my xmas fabrics last night during a sale (that was also "my time") and she was picking out projects for herself. I made her put them back and said, if it's not a class, I'm not letting you do it right now!!! Arghhh...kids can be challenging. I had such romantic sweet thoughts about us quiting together. Instead, she managed to make me hate doing something I love over this past week. I need a break from her right now, so this trip will be refreshing...
Sorry to bust your bubble, but why do you think at age 12 she will have MORE patience????? And tolerance for parents is completely forgotten by that age.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: