Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 AM
GGJudy

Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Don't most quilters consider those who appreciate, those in need (even if we don't know them), those who long for a touch of love (even if they aren't really aware of their longing) someone who deserves a quilt? Don't most quilters make quilts for different causes.... nursing homes, children in hospitals, victims of natural disasters?
Of course, we probably all have....but I was reponding to the fact that none of these points were brought out in the ops post other than the hairdresser said "I would like to have a quilt". It just appeared to me that she barely knew this person. My suggestion is to hang on a bit and get to know her - and vs. Having a little more knowledge about the person would make the gift giving so much more meaningful. Just the fact that she asked indicates that she is unsure that it would be a well received gift. And I'm separating this type of gift giving from the gifts to nursing homes, hospitals, etc. There definately is a need there and it is a different category altogether.

Edited to add: I'm sure the op will make a comfortable decision on the matter, whatever that decision may be.

Last edited by GGJudy; 12-19-2011 at 02:49 AM.