View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:09 AM
grann of 6

The way I look at it, when you buy a car you take it in for routine oil changes, and any service repairs it may need along the way. An expensive sewing machine is no different. We pay a lot of money for all these fancy stitches and various capabilities, so we need to keep the machine in tip top condition. I just took my Viking Designer Diamond for cleaning and repair. Something is not right with the thread tension, probably in the embroidery unit. When I bought the machine, I got a floor model and an extended warranty was part of the purchase price, worth $450. She tells me everything will be covered. If our washer malfunctions, we call a serviceman to come out and repair it without too much hesitation. After all, we DO need to do our laundry. Well, my sewing machines are an integral part of my daily life so I am more than willing to pay whatever it will cost to keep them in perfect condition. I take each of my machines in yearly to be serviced, usually somewhere around $100 and ask them to notify me if there is any extra charges for any repairs that may be needed.