View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
tdtdesign

Finally! Something I can do along with the group. Well, sort of. I can cook along. I'm ordering The Best of the Farmer's Wife Cookbook. I'll try to find recipes that relate in some way to the blocks. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've mentioned I can no longer sew because of tremors in my hands--partly inherited and partly as a side effect of a life-sustaining medication. (I'll take the side effect, thank you very much!) The weird thing is, my hands twitch when I try to trim a thread...which leads to unsightly slashes in the fabric. But I have no trouble threading the needle on my machine. Go figure.

With the cookbook, the only hazard will be slicing food with my very sharp knives. I've become quite cautious with knives ever since one little twitch got me trip to the emergency room to get four stitches in the tip of my index finger. Talk about motivation to pay attention to what I'm doing! My daughter would like to remove all sharp objects from my environment. Sorry, kid. You're out of luck on that one.

The tremors got really bad while I was illustrating the Pony Club book. On some days, it took both hands to control the wireless mouse. Cutting back on the coffee helped a little, but who wants to cut back on coffee? I discovered that a wired mouse is less responsive than a wireless, and, sweet heaven, I got control over the mouse! All of that aside, I loved every minute working on the book. As a designer, I found it very fulfilling. Still, it could have been a different story if I hadn't also had Laurie to work with. Have I mention, she is very funny?

I've been thinking it's about time I actually join this group but cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to find it once I click Join Group on my profile page. Any suggestions?

Toni