Thread: Roaming Rounds
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Maybe1day

Ouch! Jacqui, carpal tunnel is so painful. You poor lass, hope that this improves sooner rather than later although I have to say I was surprised that nurse should tell you to do what you can for yourself before she would help. Things sure change fast as only a few years ago when I was still working people who had had carpal tunnel procedures had their affected hand/wrist elevated above their heart level and once they went home they were encouraged to rest the hand on pillows frequently in the first fortnight and once they were in bed. Finger exercises were also recommended to help recovery. You could do things as able to but needed to take frequent rests with elevation and you had to reduce the type of activities for about a month to 6 weeks by which time you would be better able to do more vigorous things. Good luck with the recovery and hope it doesn’t interfere too much with your Christmas plans.
Ah the weather, over here in my part of Oz it is cloudy and cool. Saying this the past couple of days it has been quite warm in the late 20’s. They say we are in for a cooler Christmas this year which is great as it won’t be so hot for the usual barbie.
My parents are due here today and will be staying till after Christmas. Brother and his wife are also coming over though not till the day which means we will be 8 this year.
Sounds like the girls will look lovely.
Missgiggelewings I loved the picture of your namesake. Those HP pieces sound very fiddly. Am sure they will be very much loved by the recipent.
Kay. I am with you. Christmas just wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t stress over it at some time or another. I am getting old or something because I used to stress about it much more though the past couple of years I haven’t really done so and it’s been fine.
Keep well all of you