Old 12-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Amythyst02

I just recently went thru this same process, and this was how I finally decided which machine to purchase. The very first thing I did was make a list of the important things I needed the machine to have, in order of preference. Then once I had the list figured out, I went shopping. I took along fabric from what I was working on, and tested each machine, and made notes (I used one of those small notebooks, listed each machine, and dealer). Then I went home and sorted all my notes, and narrowed down my search. None of use can tell you which machine will suit you the best, as we all have different ideas of what we are looking for, and what is comfortable for us. However, we can offer suggestions on how to decide. Buy locally, because, they will offer classes for you to learn that new machine. If you are spending that amount of money there is certainly going to be a learning curve from your old to your new machine. Additionally if you purchase locally they will be able to service your machine, honor your warranty, and should be able to give you additional discounts for future purchases. In the end I purchased a floor model Babylock Quest Plus which I love. I saved big time on the price, and got the same benefits as if I had purchased new.

Best of luck in your search, and let us know what you finally decide on!!