View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:37 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I have a hard time every year!!!!! We did not go see DH's grand-kids this year, this is the first year we have not at least gone up on Christmas eve to see them so I was disappointed. I made each of the kids a quilt so it would have been nice to see them. I am glad it is over and I am already dreading next year. Maybe next year I will find a "groove" when we are moved into the new house and not as cramped; but for the last few years it has been hard to get into the spirit; and maybe DH will have got out of his funk.
What is it about Christmas and DHs' "funk." What are they thinking?! What part of "the joy of the season" don't they understand?! We've been married for 49+ years and were a couple for six years before that. And every Christmas season was the same. The years have not changed him. It sure can ruin the Christmas spirit in the rest of us.Christmas eve is always the day I have the heaviest heart. One would think that after a certain age they'd get over it already. This year especially, everywhere I went I'd hear ladies speaking of the same thing -- DH's lack of the spirit of Christmas.