View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Sherryquilts

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I just found this thread and read through it all. Over Christmas I told my DD that I wasn't starting any new quilts until I get some of my UFO's done. She peered over to her DH and said, "Did you get that on tape?" LOL With that in mind I about cutting the binding for a quilt that was started over 5 years ago, FMQ at the LQS last summer and finished yesterday. So am I in? you bet!
I like your idea annesthreads on how to think about the UFO's.
Sherry, what a beautiful sock for little Rainn. Were you stitching at the hospital while waiting to see him?
Will take a pic of my quilt and post soon. Thanks for the inspiration to get them done!
Thanks Oksewglad! We were lucky enough to spend all most all of the time we spent at the hospital with Rainn, so no sewing there...but I had gotten the stocking kit shortly after we found out they were pregnant and started working on it right away, but when things during pregnancy started to look less than good, I put it away for a while, I just couldn't bear to work on it; after he was born, I started again, but had to put it away for a while during August/September when things didn't look too promising. But then he really started to take off during October...and grandma needed to get busy since I had UFO'd it a couple of times! On December 10th, I was pretty sure that it was just going to be pieces and a promise on Christmas day.

I love the TicTacMo - I have some of those blocks made. I think I just may have to set them on point!