View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:41 AM
JNCT14

Originally Posted by MomL View Post
Beautiful. Makes me want to try the 10 minute blocks. Is there a book for them? Which ones did you use? If I could do that kind of block in 10 minutes, I could get a quilt made for a baby shower in February. MomL
This block is so easy it makes me feel guilty! I just attached the link to the tutorial from the forum. The only thing I did was to turn the center white block edges under to create the curves and hand stitched them down. I like hand sewing so it went quick but you can certainly machine sew the edges. Another idea is to create a faux cathedral window - cut a smaller block to fit in the white center block and bring the edges of the white block over the raw edges of the smaller block. Also go look at cat on a mac's quilt gallery - a bunch of 10 minute block quilts were posted there. A time saver was to 'birth the quilt' - layer the batting on the bottom, then the quilt top right side up, then the back right side down. Sew around the quilt, leaving about a 5" inch opening. Turn the thing inside out, stitch the opening shut and press. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81908-1.htm