Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
What a wonderful idea. I see so many little garments that have stains on them at garage sales and I would not use them for a new baby, but I would buy them cheap and use the little logos and so on in a quilt. Thanks for the good idea.
I never thought of buying garage sale baby clothes and using the little logos... that's a great idea an would make some very cute projects.

"Spit up stains happen", as they say. Or was that something else? We used many hand me downs for our kids and I learned that even when a parent takes good care of the clothes and puts them away neat and clean, that the stains rematerialize. The spit up stains are photosensitive and will fade again if you set them out in the sun, but come back after storage.
I tried a household hints cleaning formula which seems to work very well:
Add one capful of liquid dishwasher detergent and one capful of colorsafe bleach to a bucket of hot water. Mix thoroughly and then add the stained clothes, without packing too many into the bucket. Let sit overnight, remove clothes and wash as normal. That took all of the stians out... although I don't know if they come out of hiding once again. Gosh I hope not.