View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Mauck View Post
I have decided to use up some stash so that I can make room for more stash. Out with the old and in with the new. So I have started the ugliest 10" square scrappy flannel quilt there is. My husband is 6' 5" tall and I never have a quilt big enough to keep him completely covered. He wanted something warm for winter and that would cover the bed all the way to the floor. I told him him that it wouldn't have any sort of a pattern to it and he said he did not care. So it is on it's way I really think it's ugly but I told him I could make one out of my stash of flannel. It will be 10" squares front and back and tacked together. I even have the batting in my stash. I think this may be the first think I have made that I won't have to buy anything else for.
A few years back I decided to get rid of some bits and pieces of yarn. Some balls were very short-------barely a yard or so. I set my sights on a granny square, using the smallest pieces as centers. I finished up the blocks by using some larger amounts of white, off white, light gold, dark gold, beige and tan. I finished up the border using what was left of those colors after the squares were completed.

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Simply beautiful. It's now in my DD's guest room.

At any rate, you may end up with a very attractive quilt when you're done!