View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I guess she figured it out, Monica. Elsewise, why ask for help and then not answer or give info? Oh well.... We're still here, J Davis.
Oh dear, I hope I didn't scare her off with asking for a picture.

My request for seeing a picture of her "bobbin case" is for clarifying that we are talking about the same machine.

A National Two Spools sewing machine doesn't have a "bobbin case", but it does have a "spool case" (or also sometimes referred to as a "can"). A second spool is used for the bottom thread instead of a bobbin; hence the name Two Spools sewing machine. That spool is dropped into what looks like a "can" which then sits on a pin in the the stationary race. The spool case does have a tension bar.

She states that the tension bar is missing on her case. Not something easy to find, I would believe it would be easier to find another "spool case" , or better yet, another Two Spools.

Well, I'm still here... don't know how much I can be of help to her, since I don't have an extra spool case.

I was curious to see her spool case. It's always fun to meet and chat with others that own a Two Spools since the machine is wonderful to use for piecing work. Plus,the machine is cleverly engineered; it's like owning mechanical art...heck, any vintage sewing machine is mechanical art.

Last edited by vintagemotif; 01-10-2012 at 05:30 PM.