Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 PM
WilliP

Default Unexpected Stash Inheritance == How would you handle it?

I am in a bit of a dilema (sp?) Currently I am renting two storage units for all but my basic necessities and living in my unofficial son's family room.Needless to say, I am a bit pressed for space although the LQS and I are on a help each other out basis for sewing room etc. Anyway, today at my job I happened to mention to a coworker I have known for several years that I was going to spend my day off tomorrow quilting a quilt for my great nephew at the LQS. She then asked me if I would be interested in having her mother's stash including king size quilting frame after she goes through it. Limited space and not enough time...we all know how that goes and after she picks out a couple of unfinished tops for nephews and grandchildren who didn't get a finished quilt while her mom was living she wants to gift me with the lot. I told her yes and anything I can't utilize I know of various people and organizations that are always in need of donations to make quilts for fundraisers and the homeless or needy. I also offered to help with the quilting of the heirloom quilts as my coworker doesn't quilt other than tying. The dilema is--am I doing the right thing? Have no idea what I am getting other than sounds like a bit of everything. LOL Poor friend hasn't started to unearth it all yet, really think she is daunted by the sheer amount of space we can stash our stashes into in small spaces.How would you deal with the unexpected offer etc.