View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 AM
nancia

there are now sooo many makers of 18" dolls and you can match almost any ethnic mix in a child. jo-ann's has their dolls for 19.99. toys-r-us has journey girls, target has next generation, i think wal-mart has madame alexander, or switch that with target, fancy nancy is 18" and can wear the same clothes, and there are other off brands. i have only found one boy, but he is part of my collection and i have as many of his clothes as i could afford at the time. he was from the collection at target yrs ago! my daughter had molly. i stayed up late at night before the holidays making her outfits from the real patterns and trying them on her. (you know who was having fun playing with the doll!) after all, i had to be sure they fit! i loved the doll much more than my daughter did. lol. so when she outgrew it there was no question, it was to be handed up to me. i think i have 10 unopened patterns for new clothes for her and i have probably 10 playmates and so many outfits, no telling how many! aush kavoy! too much lololol! my daughter in law better have more than one little chickadee! or she is going to feel totally overwhelmed with dolls when i pass! whatdaya bet she'll be a tomboy? rotflmbo!! maybe some school will want the dolls as a lesson in diversity, i have at least one of everybody! 8-)

Last edited by nancia; 01-12-2012 at 08:29 AM.