View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Retiredandquilting

Originally Posted by ScubaK View Post
I got a Breadman bread machine and all my attempts to make a decent loaf of white or wheat bread turn out as horrible messes.
Can someone help me out? The recipes in their booklet have two different types/measures of yeast. I have searched the web site for help.
Why can't I use regular AP flour like I do for my handmade loaves?
I have tried Regular yeast and Bread machine yeast. What is the difference because I see no difference on the label.
I am just about ready to throw this thing out!
Thanks,
Kirsten
I have been successfully using my for several years. You need to be prepared to add more water or add more flour, depending on the humidity, even with the mixes. I follow the recipe directions, but check it after a few minutes and see if it is too dry or too wet. You add a little bit more flour if it is too wet, and a little more water if it is too dry. And I mean a little. Little by little it will come to the right consistency. I ususally buy my yeast by the pound, but when I use the packets, I use 1 packet only. I also add gluten if I am making wheat or rye bread. Good luck - if you need more info, please email me privately and I can give you the title of a really good bread book that can be alot of help! There is a lot more to it than just dumping in a mix to your machine.