View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 AM
newbiequilter

This is an on-going subject in our guild. Because of the layout of the area in which we hold our quilt show, it is practically impossible to charge admission. The show is inside and outside and people are able to access the entire area. We would literally have to put up barriers (another expense) and have the "quilt police" manning (or personing) them. There is another large quilt show in our area and they charge, I believe, $6 for admission. I think that is a fair amount for viewing the wares of approx. 25 vendors and viewing over 300 quilts. When it gets into the $10 category, I would think about it.....however, each of us generally knows that when we attend a quilt show the only money spent is not at the door for admission - we purchase a drink &/or food, buy raffle tickets and sometimes, even fabric! But as one previous poster said - what a great way to get out for a few hours, enjoy the company of others and not have to worry about day-to-day activities AND see wonderful quilts and some works of art.