View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
kateyb

Hello Everyone,
I've been at mom's and she doesn't have internet so have been off line for a couple of weeks.
I have just been reading all the posts. Some of you have come up with some interesting variations.
To help you all along here are some other ideas. If you usually spend $50, $100? a month, why not set it aside and use it for that trip to a show that you have been wanting to go to: Paducah?, Houston?, Japan?
Trading with a friend for a fabric you need, for one she/he needs. No money is spent but you may be able to get what you need.
Think of the space you could have to function in your sewing space, have room for new fabrics next year, finish all those UFO's, PHd's, WIP's, PIGS, etc.
I, too, had a Christmas gift card and used it for batting and thread and to finish a wallhanging for mom. My stash is currently 250 miles away.
I cleaned my sewing room (just before Christmas) and probably have enough scraps for at least 12 scrap quilts. I have so many WIP's, and UFO's it is embarassing.
One of my DDs gave me 11 quilting books for Christmas from my Amazon wish list. Now I have more pages of ideas for new quilts.
Keep going ladies and gents.
Kateyb