View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 03:54 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i am actually doing better than i thought i would with this- (i know-its only half way through January)
but i am using my stash! my hubby even 'stopped by' the sewing room yesturday while i was working on my next project- and said to me---well-maybe you should just make a trip to the quilt shop and get some.....
i replied---but i want to use what i have- i have so much- he reminded me- yes you have alot of fabric- but you don't have what you were looking for---
then he reminded me i also have a gift certificate i received for Christmas-for a shop i've never visited - maybe it's time...
i replied---well maybe
he left the room i dug somemore- and found something that will work----and continued with my project- i'm going to save the gift certificate until i really need something---
and i think this next quilt is going to really be a (jaw=dropper!) being *forced* to 'get creative' and use what's available instead of shopping with a plan pic's will be coming soon and my check book is happy -- and i finally cut into some fabrics that have been stacked up-pretty- unused for 3 years---and- i'm using up some much older scraps- that started making quilts 7 years ago-and have made 5 so far---now going into a 6th---this is a great 'challenge!"